Friday 28 February 2014

Book review #3: The busy girl's guide to sewing

Book review: The busy girl's guide to sewing

Happy Friday!

The weekend is starting and I am getting ready to move...again!

But before putting all my stuff in the middle of the room and starting to pack, I am taking the time to review yet another sewing book.
This time I am writing about "The busy girl's guide to sewing. Unlock your inner sewing goddess: projects, advice and inspiration for a creative lifestyle".


Book review: The busy girl's guide to sewing

I bought this book a few months ago and I was very excited about it, the graphic is truly beautiful!
Despite looking very cute, the book itself didn't really work for me. It doesn't have as many projects as I was expecting and I found some sections too wordy. 
What I found very useful though, is how the author divided the projects depending on how long it will take to realise them. That's a very good idea and I wish more books used it because you can fit a project in your day depending on how much time you have. Of course, if you are a beginner it might take a bit longer to get the project done, but at least you will know if it's an hour project or a 4 hours one.
This book is intended for beginner/intermediate. It explains the basics but then it moves on to slightly more complicated projects.

Well, I think that's about it for today, I hope you enjoyed it! If you have any book to suggest, please do so, I am always up to purchase books about sewing!


Have a great weekend,



No comments:

Post a Comment