Thursday 20 February 2014

Book review #2: A little course in sewing

My book collection is getting bigger, so I thought I should write a weekly review post.

This week I am going to write a review on one of the first books I purchased: 

A littke course in sewing.


Book review: A little course in sewing

This book is part of the serie "A little course in..." by DK and is intended for absolute beginners, who have never touched a sewing machine before.

It starts with the basics, such as essential equipment, how to thread a needle, how to sew a button and so on and it contains some very cute sewing projects that are easy to follow. 

I like it because the tutorials are very clear, step-by-step and there are many pictures to help you out, although you could find it a bit boring if you are already familiar with a sewing machine. 


Book review: A little course in sewing

The book contains more than 20 tutorials: from an eReader case to a tea towel and from a cushion cover to a tote bag, you will learn the basics of sewing from these super useful and very well written tutorials.

If you are a complete beginner and would like to make some easy sewing crafts than this book is perfect for you!


From this book, I have learnt how to make the beautiful drawstring bags I showed you in my previous post.


I hope you will ebjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment