Monday 18 March 2013

Book review: All sewn up by Chloe Owens

Hello hello,
happy rainy afternoon everyone!
Today I am going to write my very first and short review of a book I purchased few months ago, this one:

All sewn up

As you can see from the picture this book is "All sewn up" by Chloe Owens and I have to say, I love it!

First of all, the look of it is just lovely, very nice style and font.

Being at a beginner/intermediate level and self-taught at the sewing machine, this book is just perfect for me. There are many beautiful projects and Chloe explains in a very clear and straightforward way how they have to be done. The projects (36) are divided by cathegories, such as "Presents", "relax", "Decorations" and at the end of the book, there is a very useful section where she explains in detail all the techniques used in the book.

The only negative aspect of this book is its translation. I purchased the book in Italian (I know, my mistake, but it was cheaper and I was in Italy!) and the translation is bad. Or maybe it isn't very bad but, being a translator myself, I become overcritical when I read something in Italian that has been translated from English. Anyway, in my opinion, the Italian version is not good, but apart from this, I really recommend it, it's a good book.


Enjoy it!

Gibi



No comments:

Post a Comment