Friday 4 January 2013

Handmade woolen round-necked scarf

Hello everyone!
For the first time I am going to post something that has not been made by my own hands.
These beautiful handmade woolen scrves are made by my amazing mum, who can make one in just few hours. I am going to learn how to do it myself, as I like to make everything, but you must be patience because it's gonna take a while...
Here's the pictures. These are on sale £30, and there will soon be many more colours! Just drop me a private message or leave a comment :)

Handmade woolen scarf

Handmade woolen scarf - detail

Handmade woolen scarf - Detail

Handmade woolen scarf

Handmade woolen scarf - Detail

Handmade woolen scarf

The stitch that my mum used is called "the butterfly stitch". I wish I could help more in explaining how to do it or whatever other question you might have, but I really have no idea how is this made. I still think it's a bit magic.

And finally my favourite one, the one that my mum gave to me the day before my graduation, on the 20th of November. Useless to say, I have been using it every day ever since....it's comfortable and warm, and you don't need to find a place to stick the sides as in a normal scarf (I always struggle and end up with a long woolen piece of scarf hanging from one side...and I hate it!!).

Handmade woolen scarf

Handmade woolen scarf - detail

Handmade woolen scarf - detail

Handmade woolen scarf - detail

I hope you're having a lovely weekend :)



No comments:

Post a Comment